Spiced Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1. Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the green beans, celery seed, ginger, mustard and salt; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC