Spiced Glazed Carrots
Packed with beta-carotene, these carrots flavored with honey, apple juice and cinnamon are hard to turn down. They boast a little kick that brings big flavor to your table!
Nancy Zimmerman - Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the
- first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Add lemon juice and honey to carrots. Bring
- to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce is
- thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.