Spiced Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Discard cinnamon stick. Add lemon juice and honey to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spiced Glazed Carrots
"I like my carrots more tender so I cooked a few extra minutes. Very nice seasoning."