Packed with beta-carotene, these carrots flavored with honey, apple juice and cinnamon are hard to turn down. They boast a little kick that brings big flavor to your table! Nancy Zimmerman - Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Add lemon juice and honey to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Glazed Carrots in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p51
Reviews for Spiced Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
"I like my carrots more tender so I cooked a few extra minutes. Very nice seasoning."