Packed with beta-carotene, these carrots flavored with honey, apple juice and cinnamon are hard to turn down. They boast a little kick that brings big flavor to your table! Nancy Zimmerman - Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Add lemon juice and honey to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Glazed Carrots in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p51
Reviews for Spiced Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
"I like my carrots more tender so I cooked a few extra minutes. Very nice seasoning."