Spiced Ginger Coffee Recipe
Our Test Kitchen shows how you can enjoy the flavor of gingerbread around the clock with this unique coffee recipe!
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Milk, whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- 2. For each serving, place 2 teaspoons molasses mixture in a mug. Add 1 cup hot coffee; stir until combined. Serve with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
- 3. Cover and store remaining molasses mixture in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup molasses mixture).
1 cup (calculated without milk or cream) equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC