Spiced Ginger Coffee Recipe
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Milk, whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- 2. For each serving, place 2 teaspoons molasses mixture in a mug. Add 1 cup hot coffee; stir until combined. Serve with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
- 3. Cover and store remaining molasses mixture in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup molasses mixture).
1 cup: 48 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Reviews for Spiced Ginger Coffee
"This reminds me of a gingerbread-style beverage I got from a chain restaurant around the holidays. I had mine with cream, because it was what I had on hand, but definitely will be picking up whipped cream for future servings. Because I'm the only coffee drinker, I froze about half the mixture in 2 teaspoon servings in an ice cube tray. When they were solid, I popped them out and put them into a ziptop bag. I'll defrost them for hot coffee use, or I may play around with them in an iced coffee version."
"This is a good "syrup" but be sure to have some whipped topping if you use it in coffee. I found it was also very good on oatmeal."
"This is a very easy and delicious recipe. I made it for my son who has a favorite gingerbread latte that is served at a well known coffee house only at Christmas. I tailored it by adding more milk and less coffee and adding whipped cream suit his tastes."
"fabulous Holiday flavors!"
"I love coffee and this coffee is absolutely delicious. It's definitely a keeper."
"To me it's having my favorite coffee house coffee with out leaving home."