- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Milk, whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- For each serving, place 2 teaspoons molasses mixture in a mug. Add 1 cup hot coffee; stir until combined. Serve with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
- Cover and store remaining molasses mixture in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup molasses mixture).
Reviews for Spiced Ginger Coffee
"This is a good "syrup" but be sure to have some whipped topping if you use it in coffee. I found it was also very good on oatmeal."
"This is a very easy and delicious recipe. I made it for my son who has a favorite gingerbread latte that is served at a well known coffee house only at Christmas. I tailored it by adding more milk and less coffee and adding whipped cream suit his tastes."
"fabulous Holiday flavors!"
"I love coffee and this coffee is absolutely delicious. It's definitely a keeper."
"To me it's having my favorite coffee house coffee with out leaving home."