Spiced Garlic Carrots Recipe
This classic Moroccan side dish is served as often as possible, hot or as a cold salad, in most Sephardic Jewish homes. The natural sweetness of the carrots tempers the garlic and balances the sizzle of the pepper flakes. —David Feder, Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a large dry skillet, toast cinnamon sticks and cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, stirring occasionally. Add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, crushed garlic, pepper flakes and salt; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until carrots and garlic are lightly browned. Remove cinnamon sticks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Garlic Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC