- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large dry skillet, toast cinnamon sticks and cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, stirring occasionally. Add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, crushed garlic, pepper flakes and salt; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until carrots and garlic are lightly browned. Remove cinnamon sticks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Garlic Carrots
Sort By :
"This was a wonderful side dish at Easter this year. They were full of flavor without being over powering. I love the smell of cumin and it fill the kitchen while I was making this dish. The carrots were a big hit with everyone even those not fond of veggies."