Spiced Fruit Salad
This is a fresh-tasting salad that's easy to double for a crowd. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the yogurt dressing provide just the right amount of spice to this cool fruit medley. —Lavonne Hartel of Williston, North Dakota
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds ripe bananas (about 6 medium), sliced
- 1 pound apples (about 3 medium), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound red and/or green seedless grapes
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. Gently toss bananas and apples with lemon juice; add grapes.
- Divide among individual bowls. Drizzle with the yogurt mixture.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.