This is a fresh-tasting salad that's easy to double for a crowd. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the yogurt dressing provide just the right amount of spice to this cool fruit medley. —Lavonne Hartel of Williston, North Dakota
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds ripe bananas (about 6 medium), sliced
- 1 pound apples (about 3 medium), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound red and/or green seedless grapes
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently toss bananas and apples with lemon juice; add grapes. Divide among individual bowls. Drizzle with the yogurt mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p27
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"Both my husband I enjoyed this refreshing salad. I reworked the recipe so that it was enough for just us. I would recommend it to everyone...."