Cream soda is the secret ingredient in this dish. You can vary the fruits to your taste; for example, I often add mango for special occasions.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed honeydew or cantaloupe
- 1 cup cream soda, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, peaches, strawberries, melon and cream soda. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and coriander; stir into fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Just before serving, add banana. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Cup in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p13
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Cup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review