When it comes to a heartwarming treat on a chilly winter's day, this home-style crisp is hard to beat. The gingersnap-crumb topping nicely accents the apples, pears, raisins and dates.—Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Recommended: Pear Desserts
- 3-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Crisp in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p53
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review