Spiced Fruit Bake
Canned fruit makes this easy compote a snap to toss together. Gently spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, the fruity blend makes a perfect breakfast medley on a chilly morning...or a comforting dessert anytime. Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York shared the recipe.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Drain fruits, reserving a total of 3/4 cup juice. Place fruit in a
- 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg
- and reserved juice; pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 132 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.