Canned fruit makes this easy compote a snap to toss together. Gently spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, the fruity blend makes a perfect breakfast medley on a chilly morning...or a comforting dessert anytime. Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York shared the recipe.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Drain fruits, reserving a total of 3/4 cup juice. Place fruit in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p22
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review