- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Drain fruits, reserving a total of 3/4 cup juice. Place fruit in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p22
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
"Try using fresh pears and apricots instead of canned. I found they were too fragile and kind of disintegrated during cooking, esp the apricots. Otherwise, it tasted OK."