Spiced French Toast Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place bread slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Heat butter on a griddle; cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
3 each: 352 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Spiced French Toast
"For me it was just okay, although my mom really liked it. For me it needed something, maybe a little bit more in the spices and maybe a topping of spiced applesauce, but not maple syrup. I will try this again but tweaking the spices."