Spiced French Toast
"I make this recipe for my family and friends, and it's a hit every time. It fills them up, but not out!" Beverly Haugen - Henderson, Nevada
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place bread
- slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture
- over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat butter on a griddle; cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 slices equals 352 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.