- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place bread slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat butter on a griddle; cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced French Toast in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p39
Reviews for Spiced French Toast(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
For me it was just okay, although my mom really liked it. For me it needed something, maybe a little bit more in the spices and maybe a topping of spiced applesauce, but not maple syrup. I will try this again but tweaking the spices.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >