"I make this recipe for my family and friends, and it's a hit every time. It fills them up, but not out!" Beverly Haugen - Henderson, Nevada
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place bread slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat butter on a griddle; cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced French Toast in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p39
Reviews for Spiced French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review