Spiced Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
With its 10-minute prep time and lovely blend of mild eggnog flavor and spices, this is a busy hostess’ dream dessert! It’s a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas. In fact, my grown kids request it whenever they come to visit. —Patti Leake, Columbia, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat just until
- smooth. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. (Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary.) Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.