Spiced Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- 2. Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat just until smooth. Pour into pastry.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. (Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
"Thank you so much for sharing this latest recipe! I tried it today for the first time! The only difference is that I used two prepared frozen pie shells which I'd thawed according to the package directions and then divided the filling! I'd also "built up" the edges and re-fluted edges for the filling to NOT seep out of crust while pies bake! I think that the next time, I just might use 1-1/2 cups of eggnog to 1-2/3 cups eggnog rather than 1-1/4 cups! This way, the pie filling will look more generous! Other than that, I rate this as a 5* recipe! What a festive way to prepare a pumpkin pie! delowenstein"
"This was in latest Country Extra and it was the best!! I don't like pumpkin 'goodies' but this was very good. It's almost identical to the Classic Libby's recipe but used eggnog instead of evaporated milk plus 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. Very tasty."
"For years I have been searching for the perfect pumpkin pie. This is it!"
"I didn't expect to be able to taste the eggnog in this, but i could. Amazing flavor."
"This was excellent and easy to make. Subtle eggnog flavor. Made one for my daughter and her family and they loved it too."