Cardamom adds a nice subtle flavor to these spicy, crisp cookies. These treats are perfect for the holidays, but my family asks for them year-round.—Delisa Narr, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, spices and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice. Stir in peel.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/16-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Cutouts in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p41
Reviews for Spiced Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review