Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
If you like curry, you'll love this unique soup from Kathy Hill of Catlettsburg, Kentucky. She generously flavors it with that spice, as well as garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander. For extra flair, serve each hot bowlful with a dollop of sour cream.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the curry powder, salt, coriander and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in broth until blended.
- 2. Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in the cream and pumpkin; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 105 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC