Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the curry powder, salt, coriander and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in broth until blended.
- 2. Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in the cream and pumpkin; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 105 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup
"Made it for a soup cook off most everyone loved it but unfortunately I didn't win. Was delicious, though"