- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the curry powder, salt, coriander and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in broth until blended.
- Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in the cream and pumpkin; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p45
Reviews for Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2015
"Made it for a soup cook off most everyone loved it but unfortunately I didn't win. Was delicious, though"