If you like curry, you'll love this unique soup from Kathy Hill of Catlettsburg, Kentucky. She generously flavors it with that spice, as well as garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander. For extra flair, serve each hot bowlful with a dollop of sour cream.
Featured In: 25 Soups to Keep You Warm This Fall
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the curry powder, salt, coriander and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in broth until blended.
- Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in the cream and pumpkin; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p45
Reviews for Spiced Curried Pumpkin Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review