Spiced Cranberry Wheat Bread Recipe
“Here’s a healthy, hearty bread that‘s perfect for toasting or just snacking,“ shares Trisha Kruse in Eagle, Idaho. “The spices and orange flavors really blend well with the cranberries to make this a fall and winter favorite.“
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select whole grain bread setting. Choose crust color and 2-lb. loaf setting if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cranberries and orange peel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry Wheat Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC