- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select whole grain bread setting. Choose crust color and 2-lb. loaf setting if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cranberries and orange peel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry Wheat Bread
"This is the best bread recipe I have made in my bread machine. It has become a huge request from everyone that has tried it, that I have made it a holiday gift tradition for the past 2 years to all family & friends. It is a heavy bread, but I increased the bread flour to 2 1/2 cups & decreased wheat flour to 1 cup. It seems to be a little lighter. Excellent recipe!!"
"The dough seemed too moist during the kneading cycle, but I decided to let it go since I measured the ingredients correctly and most wheat breads I make are dry. This bread was moist & delicious! It was heavier than I expected, but that may be because I added 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and omitted the orange zest."
"This bread is absolutely awesome. I first made it about 3 years ago or so and it is a favorite and a hit with everyone who tries it. Perfect for the fall and holiday seasons."