Spiced Cranberry Sauce Recipe
While this cranberry sauce is simmering, the wonderful fragrance of the spices brings back happy memories of when my mother made it for the holidays. My husband and three sons are glad I’m carrying on her tradition!
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 191 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC