- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Sort By :
"I prefer to serve homemade cranberry sauce instead of canned for my New Year's Day dinner. This is my favorite recipe thus far."
"Besides the quickness of assembling this dish, the blend of flavors was spot on. Stirring occasionally and tasting along the way made me even more appreciative of this simple yet elegant side dish. This will also travel in the car well!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone raved and wanted the recipe. It was delicious."
"I found this recipe in 2009 and my family wants it each year since then. Spicy, sweet, tart and just great."
"I made this for friends on Thanksgiving, and had such great comments about it that I made it again for my family for Christmas dinner. I make it the night before I need it, since then it is well set and the flavor of the spices really comes out."