Here’s an easy, orangey chutney to serve on toast, Brie, cream cheese or crackers. Pecans give it a little extra crunch. Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Recommended: Game-Changing Chicken Wing Recipes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 unpeeled medium orange, seeded and finely chopped (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 8 ounces Brie or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in cranberries; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain cranberries, reserving 1 tablespoon soaking liquid. Return cranberries and reserved liquid to pan. Stir in orange, sugar, lemon juice and spices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until orange is tender and liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Place cheese in a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until softened.
- Spoon chutney over warm cheese; sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Cranberry-Orange Chutney in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p67
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry-Orange Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review