Spiced Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
These delicious cookies are packed with pecans, dried cranberries and chocolate chips that lend crunch and sweetness. Every bite is packed with flavor! Karie Saxton - South Boardman, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar blend until well blended. Beat in the applesauce, egg and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries, chocolate chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC