Spiced Cranberry Ketchup Recipe
Here's a condiment that makes any poultry dish sing! We like it on turkey burgers and alongside roasted chicken. It's also a great way to dress up meat loaf. -Gilda Lester of Millsboro, Delaware
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water, onions and bay leaves. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Discard bay leaves. Press cranberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer; discard cranberry skins. Return mixture to the pan.
- 3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate (mixture will thicken more upon refrigeration). Yield: 1 cup.
2 tablespoon: 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry Ketchup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC