Spiced Coffee Recipe
I’ve found that those who aren’t necessarily coffee fans often change their tune when they get a whiff of this chocolaty coffee drink. I like to serve up a big batch at parties. —Joanne Holt, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 8 cups brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine coffee, sugar, chocolate syrup and extract. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours.
- 2. Discard spice bag. If desired, serve coffee with cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC