Spiced Coffee Recipe
- 8 cups brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine coffee, sugar, chocolate syrup and extract. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours.
- 2. Discard spice bag. If desired, serve coffee with cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Spiced Coffee
"Anise in coffee?! After having this, I'll always make coffee this way! So easy and the flavors are really bold and wonderful! This is great with some steamed milk too!"
"Delicious. I don't drink coffee, but I use Teechino herbal coffee for this recipe and it is to die for."