I’ve found that those who aren’t necessarily coffee fans often change their tune when they get a whiff of this chocolaty coffee drink. I like to serve
up a big batch at parties. —Joanne Holt, Bowling Green, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 8 cups brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine coffee, sugar, chocolate syrup and
- extract. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely
- with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours.
- Discard spice bag. Ladle coffee into mugs. If desired, serve with
- cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.