I’ve found that those who aren’t necessarily coffee fans often change their tune when they get a whiff of this chocolaty coffee drink. I like to serve up a big batch at parties. —Joanne Holt, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 8 cups brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine coffee, sugar, chocolate syrup and extract. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours.
- Discard spice bag. If desired, serve coffee with cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spice Coffee in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p21
Reviews for Spiced Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2013
"Delicious. I don't drink coffee, but I use Teechino herbal coffee for this recipe and it is to die for."