Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes
"This has great flavor and the little bit of icing makes it perfect. Mine was a bit dry but I think I cooked them a few minutes too long."
"Good cupcakes - I like the fact that they don't contain a lot of fat, they're nicely spiced, and they're also very easy and quick to make. I never got around to getting the drizzles of frosting on them, which would make them seem more like a dessert. To me, they seemed like muffins. I enjoyed having one with my cup of tea in the morning. I had some dried cherries to use up, so I substituted them for the cranberries...yum!"