Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 212 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes
"This has great flavor and the little bit of icing makes it perfect. Mine was a bit dry but I think I cooked them a few minutes too long."
"Good cupcakes - I like the fact that they don't contain a lot of fat, they're nicely spiced, and they're also very easy and quick to make. I never got around to getting the drizzles of frosting on them, which would make them seem more like a dessert. To me, they seemed like muffins. I enjoyed having one with my cup of tea in the morning. I had some dried cherries to use up, so I substituted them for the cranberries...yum!"