To me, a good cup of hot spiced cocoa is heavenly, and that's what these chocolate cupcakes remind me of. The drizzled desserts are a budget-friendly finish for any meal. —Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p8
Reviews for Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review