Spiced Citrus Cider
What could be better than sipping a tangy cup of this hot cider on a cold winter day? It sure warms the spirits!Harriet Stichter, Milford, Indiana
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 5 cups water
- 4 medium lemons, sliced
- 4 medium oranges, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 3 quarts apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, lemons, oranges and spices to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard fruit and spices. Transfer citrus mixture to a
- large soup kettle. Stir in the cider and sugar; heat through. Yield:
- 20 servings (1 gallon.).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup(prepared with sugar substitute) equals 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.