Spiced Cider Recipe
I first concocted this beverage years ago for my son on a chilly fall New England day. Now he's grown and in the Navy, but he still enjoys this tangy cider whenever he's home for a visit.—Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Use additional cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 138 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC