Spiced Cider Recipe
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Use additional cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 138 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Spiced Cider
"Made it in a slow cookeron high, then held the temp on low after discarding the cinnamon sticks. It tasted wonderful and made the house smell great to boot!"
"Wonderful! I used apple juice and it turned out great. Thank you for sharing the recipe."
"Very Delicious. My husband forgot how his mom made it and we found this recipe. Yum! We didn't have cinnamon sticks, but used ground cinnamon. 3 3" sticks equals 1 1/2tsps."