Spiced Cider Bundles Recipe
I like to enhance the naturally good taste of hot apple cider with a bundle filled with cloves, allspice, dried orange peel and a cinnamon stick. It really warms you up on a winter day.—Alissa Stehr, Gau-Odernheim, Germany
- 24 whole cloves
- 24 whole allspice
- 4 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SPICED CIDER:
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1. Cut eight 6-in. squares of cheesecloth; stack two squares on top of each other to make four stacks.
- 2. Place 6 cloves, 6 allspice, 1 teaspoon orange peel and 1 cinnamon stick on each stack; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Yield: 4 bundles.
- 3. To prepare cider: Place cider in a Dutch oven; add one spice bag. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag; ladle cider into mugs. Yield: 8 servings per batch.
1 cup: 120 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Cider Bundles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC