- and mix well. Stir in the walnuts, raisins and candied peels. Cover
- and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- out each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in.
- round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies; decorate
- with cherries. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.