I make truffles for family events and gift giving. Someone once asked me to add pumpkin spice, and now my recipe is legendary. —Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, WI
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 12 ounces milk chocolate baking bars, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Baking cocoa
- Candy eyeballs, optional
- Finely chop 10 ounces chocolate; place in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, combine cream, pumpkin and spices; heat just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- Finely grate remaining chocolate; place in a small microwave-safe bowl. With hands dusted lightly with baking cocoa, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. (Mixture will be soft and truffles may flatten slightly upon standing.)
- If desired, melt unused grated chocolate in a microwave and use to attach eyeballs. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Chocolate Truffles in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Spiced Chocolate Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review