Spiced Chocolate Molten Cakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons egg yolk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in wine and vanilla.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour, ginger and cinnamon until well blended. Gradually beat in butter mixture.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- 4. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar): 560 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Spiced Chocolate Molten Cakes
"This is absolutely wonderful... very decadent! I tripled the recipe to feed my family of five. All of us enjoyed it immensely (including our toddler)."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.