- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons egg yolk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in wine and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour, ginger and cinnamon until well blended. Gradually beat in butter mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Chocolate Molten Cakes in Country Woman February/March 2012, p33
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spiced Chocolate Molten Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review