Spiced Chicken with Melon Salsa Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup each diced cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger, nutmeg and pepper flakes; rub over chicken.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa equals 225 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Chicken with Melon Salsa
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.