Spiced Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground mustard, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 whole chicken wings (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, garlic salt, mustard, ginger, nutmeg, pepper, allspice and cayenne.
- 2. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip chicken in butter, then add chicken wings, a few at a time, to flour mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Arrange wings in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 chicken wing equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Chicken Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer