Crispy and flavorful, these golden wings pack just the right amount of heat. Be prepared for recipe requests! —Jan Stawara, Howell, Michigan
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Recipes to Bring to Your Next Potluck
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground mustard, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 whole chicken wings (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, garlic salt, mustard, ginger, nutmeg, pepper, allspice and cayenne.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip chicken in butter, then add chicken wings, a few at a time, to flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Chicken Wings in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spiced Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review