Spiced Cherry Bells Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 14 maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in corn syrup, egg and cream. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the first three filling ingredients; mix well. Stir in pecans. Place 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each cookie. Shape into a cone by folding edges of dough to meet over filling; pinch edges together. Place a piece of cherry at open end of each bell for clapper.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 232 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Cherry Bells
"These cookies have been in my family for generations too. Delicious! They have always been my favorite Christmas cookies and as a child I would convince my mom to make then year-round for me. The directions should say cut with a round (circle) cookie cutter. You get the bell shape by folding the edges over the filling."