Spiced Chai Mix Recipe
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: about 5 cups mix (26 servings).
1 serving (calculated without cream) equals 114 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.