One Christmas, my sister-in-law mixed up this drink for our family gathering. I asked for the recipe and have been enjoying it's warm, spicy flavor ever since. It tastes great with a warm blanket and a good book! —Dee Falk, Stromsburg, Nebraska
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- Whipped cream
- In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: about 5 cups mix (26 servings).
Originally published as Spiced Chai Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p59
Reviews for Spiced Chai Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review