My mother gave me the recipe for this irresistible party pleaser. I receive compliments every time I serve it.
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups each Wheat Chex, Rice Chex and Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cereals and nuts in a large roasting pan; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper. When cool, break apart and store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Spiced Cereal Crunch in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p47
Reviews for Spiced Cereal Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review