When I've got a lot going on, my slow cooker is my go-to tool for cooking veggies. I toss in cumin and chili powder to bring out their natural sweetness. —Courtney Stultz, Columbus, KS
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 5 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place carrots and squash in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Reviews for Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2015
"We did not care for this. Won't make again."
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2015
"Added cranberries. Good fall dish. Nice recipe with carrots that doesn't have a sugary glaze"
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2015 Edited Mar. 18, 2017
"Needs golden raisins or diced apples. Otherwise, a good fall dish.EDIT: Bumping up from 4 to 5 stars after (finally) trying with golden raisins. I added the raisins at the end. This dish will not appeal to the meat-and-potatoes crowd, but those who enjoy ethnic foods will appreciate it."