Spiced Carrot Strips
Carrots are readily available year-round, but their beautiful harvest color is perfect this time of year. These lightly sweet strips get unique flavor from cinnamon, which enhances the fresh carrot taste. Give this special yet simple side dish a try!
-Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 large carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Cook for 8-10 minutes
- or until crisp-tender; drain. Combine the butter, sugar, salt and
- cinnamon; add to carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.