Spiced Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, cream and extracts. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread over cupcakes, garnish with walnuts is desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 458 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Carrot Cupcakes
"You can't go wrong with these!"
"They had a good flavor and are very moist, but quite a few of them fell in the middle and the tops were almost caramelized. They didn't rise right and were all flat."
"Wonderful! I also added about 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter and use an ounce of milk chocolate in the frosting instead of the white chocolate.. very good results!"
"This is really good!"
"Loved it. Going to make them for my party next week."
"Excellent recipe! The frosting is not overwelming and the cupcake and frosting flavors blend together nicely! These cupcakes are moist and easy to make! Good with no frosting! Yummy!"
"These were the best cupcakes I have ever tasted. I made them for our bake sale at Church and sold all of them for a $1.25 each. Everyone loved them. Thank you for the recipe."
"Very fast and easy to make. Very moist and they were delicious"
"Great flavor, nice and soft. Icing excellant!"
"The cupcakes are AWESOME"
"This recipe was soo easy to make and they are absolutely delicious. Everyone loved them!"
"This is almost the same recipe I've used for years (Except for the icing recipe) For a 'kicked-up' version, instead of the cinnamon, nutmag and ginger called for in this recipe, use about 2-1/2 teasp. Chinese 5-Spice Powder. It's absolutely YUMMY!!!"
"These cupcakes are SO moist and yummy. I actually won a cupcake contest with this recipe."