Spiced Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, cream and extracts. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread over cupcakes, garnish with walnuts is desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Spiced Carrot Cupcakes
Sort By :
"You can't go wrong with these!"
"They had a good flavor and are very moist, but quite a few of them fell in the middle and the tops were almost caramelized. They didn't rise right and were all flat."
"Wonderful! I also added about 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter and use an ounce of milk chocolate in the frosting instead of the white chocolate.. very good results!"
"This is really good!"
"Loved it. Going to make them for my party next week."