- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reaches 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, pecans if desired and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Yield: About 3-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Spiced Butterscotch Fudge in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p138
Reviews for Spiced Butterscotch Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2012
I made this candy yesterday, used mini marshmallows and added chocolate toffee bits. It is delicious. Will make again